Our Mission Statement is to promote the advancement of the Murrieta Mesa High School Football program and all of its participants, to direct and develop enthusiasm toward this effort and to provide the necessary financial assistance to support the football program.
Football Program Goals
- To provide each player with an atmosphere that promoted mental, social and emotional maturity
- To provide all players with the opportunity to learn, develop and improve their football skills daily
- To provide a program with a Varsity, Junior Varsity and Freshman Level for play
- To achieve an overall program GPA of 3.3 or higher
- To help football players get to the next level of football either collegiality or professionally
- to help prepare student athletes for the game of life
The Murrieta Mesa Football Program is considered an extracurricular activity and participation is not required for graduation; and thus, participation on a sports team is not a right but a privilege that is earned. With that privilege come the responsibility to maintain the established standards of conduct as defined in the District Activity Code and CIF Code of Ethics. We at Murrieta Mesa High School believe that there are certain expectations that need to be followed by all players and parents. Failure to follow these standards may lead in players suspension and/or complete removal from program.Athletics are just one of many segments of the educational program that is provided to students. The main reason that students are in school is to learn and; therefore, academics always come first. Maintaining academic eligibility is the student's responsibility, not that of coaches, teachers or parents. Eligibility can also be lost due to poor attendance or citizenship. At the very core of citizenship is respect--respect for oneself as well as others. The commitment an athlete makes to one's team and coach requires that choices are consistent with high expectations.
~ All Players, coaches, referees and other families.
~ At practice and games, no communicating with players and coaches.
~ All Murrieta Mesa equipment and uniforms.
- You are a student first and the athlete second. Take pride in your academic success. All members of the Murrieta Mesa Football Program must represent the program with PRIDE both on and off the field.
- Volunteer within the Football Program.
- Be involved with team activities.
- Acknowledgment and understanding that all monies paid to football program is non-refundable
- Trust in the coaching staff and school/program policies
- Open Communication
~ Please let coaches know about injuries, sicknesses, family obligations
~ We will not discuss playing time or other players
- Cheer for our team
- Respect the Chain of Command
~ Head Coach of your team
~ Head Coach of the program
~ Athletic Director
~ Assistant Principal in charge of athletics